Frequently Asked Questions

What happens in the event of a borrower default?

Currently if you hold Loan Units that relate to a loan in which a borrower has defaulted on, it is likely you will lose your outstanding investment in that loan.

Should OurMoneyMarket conduct legal proceedings against the borrower 100% of the legal and associated third party collection costs can be recovered before any remaining proceeds are provided to the relevant investor.

How do OurMoneyMarket manage risk?

As common with most investments there are risks, in relation to the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust there is the risk that a borrower is late in making their repayments or the borrow defaults on their loan. Please refer to the “Risks of Investing” Section of the Product Disclosure Statement for more details.

OurMoneyMarket looks to mitigate any unexpected losses in the following ways:

  1. By applying well-tested credit policies and following a robust credit assessment process. We believe that the best way to minimize any unexpected losses to investors is to ensure that we maintain the highest standards when assessing loan applications. This means having experienced credit professionals reviewing each loan application and applying the latest technologies to track and monitor the performance of approved loans.
  2. We have on hand experienced consumer credit collection specialists to manage any borrowers who are late in making repayments.
  3. All your investments and Available Funds are held on trust by an independent custodian. All funds are held in a bank account with an Australian authorised deposit-taking institution.
  4. In order to satisfy our obligations as an authorised representative of an Australian Financial Services Licence (“AFSL”) holder and as an Australian Credit Licence (“ACL”) holder ourselves, the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust undergoes a number of external audits each year to ensure that investor funds are being properly accounted for and the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust is liquid and operating appropriately.

Are loans secured or unsecured?

Currently all loans are unsecured.

What is the minimum investment I can make?

You can invest as little as $50 in Loan Units linked to any single loan, and there is currently no maximum, however OurMoneyMarket reserves the right to cap your investment at its discretion.

A $50 minimum investment also applies to any automatic reinvestment settings.

What is the minimum deposit I can make?

The minimum deposit is $50 to get started as an investor in the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust.

What is fractionalization?

Instead of investing in one loan where your investment exposure is then at risk to one individual borrower, our fractionalization facility lets you invest as little as $50 in potentially thousands of borrower loans, thus reducing the risk of loss in the event of a borrower default.

For example, if we assume every loan in the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust has an estimated default rate of 2% and an investor has $10,000 to invest. If the investor invests in one loan, there is a 98% probability that they will receive all their principal and interest back and a 2% probability that they will lose $10,000. However, if they elect to invest in increments of $50, then they can invest in 200 different loans, meaning that there is a probability of 4 out of 200 loans defaulting. This would mean that the investor would lose only $200 of his initial $10,000 invested and receive all principal and interest back on the other loan investments. As a result, fractionalization helps investors receive their desired rate of return by spreading their risk.

We strongly recommend that investors take advantage of our capability to fractionalize your investment across a diverse set of loans. This is likely to result in a superior investor experience.

What are the investment terms available?

You can invest in loans that have a term of 1 year to 7 years, or such other term that may on occasion be made available.

How does the registration process work?

To register simply do the following:

  1. Register to Invest – click the ‘Register to Invest’ button available on the OurMoneyMarket home page once you click ‘Calculate’ under the ‘Invest’ option, or via the ‘Invest’ option on the main homepage or just below to start.
  2. 5-Minute Registration Form – Complete a simple online registration form that is about you and the investment entity (whether it’s in your personal capacity or as a company or trust) that will invest in the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust.
  3. 2-Minute ID Verification – Complete a quick and easy online verification of you. This is done in order to satisfy our anti-money laundering requirements.
  4. Approval – subject to us needing to contact you directly to verify your identification, we will notify you instantly of your success in becoming a member of the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust.
  5. Transfer – Once you’re approved as a member login into your personal investor dashboard and click “Transfer Funds”, then click the “Transfer Funds In” option where you will be provided with the BPAY details that relate to your personal OurMoneyMarket Account. You will then need to login to your internet banking account and transfer funds to the BPAY details you’ve been provided. The funds may take a business day to arrive in your OurMoneyMarket Account. The minimum amount that can be deposited is $50.
  6. Invest – Once the funds appear in your OurMoneyMarket Account as ‘Available Funds’ you can start investing.

Can I invest through a self-managed superannuation fund?

Yes. OurMoneyMarket accepts investments through self-managed superannuation funds ("SMSFs"). SMSFs are generally structured as trusts. Please ensure you select the appropriate investment entity when registering to invest in the OurMoneyMarket Investment Trust.

Contact us on 1300 990 115 or email us via


cross linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram